Tuesday 13 August 2013

My eventful weekend!

Hello humans!
So I had a bunch of unplanned fun this weekend! My boyfriend (Lucas) called to tell me to keep both Saturday and Sunday free, and then wouldn't tell me what I would be doing. So I had to get ready without knowing what I'd do. =0

Saturday:
We went to watch Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters. I read the series, so I was quite excited that the movie was coming out. We watched that, but I was slightly disappointed. The events in the movie didn't match the book, but even so, it felt choppy and rushed. Some of the aspects were not explained, so some people might find it harder to understand. All in all, it was a good movie with nice pictures and effects, but if you've read the book, I don't really recommend going to watch it. (Save your money and keep your imagination. The movie ruined it for me)

After the movies, my best friend had to go home. Lucas and I decided to have dinner out, since we haven't had a treat in a while. Since he already had AYCE (All You Can Eat) Sushi for lunch, he wasn't too hungry, but I was. So we went to a restaurant/pub/bar called the Elephant Castle. They serve English styled pub food, and I enjoyed myself the first time I went. So this time, I ordered their Steak and Mushroom Pie. Oh man, it was so delicious. Lucas got a Bacon Poutine. I didn't catch a picture of his poutine because we were already devouring our food by then, and the lighting was pretty bad.
Delicious Steak and Mushroom pie from Elephant Castle
And for this fun day, I made an OOTD (Outfit of the Day) =3
Crop top: Express
Retro High-Waisted Shorts: Garage
Flannel Shirt: Stolen off my brother (Levis)
Sneaker Wedges: PLNDR
Purse: Yesstyle
Charms: areyouaniceguy.com
For the daytime, I wore the outfit like this because it was still warm outside.
Once it got colder, I just ended up wearing the flannel like a normal person. 
Here's a video of me styling this outfit. It's different, and not the best out there...but I did it for fun. =) I do what I enjoy! 

Sunday:
So, it's a little embarrassing to say this but...I actually don't know how to ride a bike. Apparently, Lucas wanted to surprise me and bring me to Center Island so we could rent a bike my size and he could teach me how to ride. Sooo...We were supposed to go...but we realized the bike rentals closed at 4:30. It was 1:30 when we were ready to leave. We just ended up doing some craft shopping for a project I wanted to do for my room.

After the shopping was done, we just sat in front of the computer and watched tv series and then enjoyed dinner with my family. It was pretty amazing fun. =)

Until next time internets!
-Chrissymon

No comments:

Post a Comment