Sunday 25 August 2013

Celebrating a Birthday and Getting Sick...

Hello there!

So...starting like...Thursday, I developed a sore throat. I thought it might have been severe allergies since Ragweed season has come in Toronto. So I ignored it and took my normal Aerius, and then BAM! Saturday morning and my voice is dying. Top it off, it was a birthday party for Lucas (my boyfriend for those who are new or don't know who that is) and it was being hosted at my house. I had stayed up until 4am Friday night to finish marinading ribs for the bbq, and ended up waking up at 8am to finish preparing for the party. We had loads of fun though! Here are some pictures!

Finger foods for the guests. Cucumber, carrots, cookies, and French baguette. (Dips were provided as well)

Fruit salad. We didn't actually end up eating this because we had too much other food.

Went shopping for drinks and saw the cutest juice box EVER. And it's organic! Score!

We had a kinda geeky part with board games ;3 Just the way we like it.


I baked this cake from scratch! Took forever, and it has a surprise inside!
My sweetie cutting his birthday cake. 

TADA! There's a heart inside the cake! The secret to this is in the cake pan ;)

While we were having the bbq for dinner, Lucas and my younger brother started to play Ninja. It's an elementary school-ish game and it's really fun! I ended up joining in along with two other people and we had a blast! I didn't get to take pictures of the food (because I'm a lousy blogger like that), but we had chicken wings and drumsticks in two flavours: salt + pepper, and spicy mix. We also had ribs, burgers, hot-dogs, salad, grilled portobello mushrooms, grilled zuchini, and grilled green and yellow bell peppers.

Nearing the end of the night my voice started sounding like a squeaky hamster because it was disappearing really fast. I took some cold medicine and had some lozenges and called it a night. Hopefully my voice comes back soon and my sickness doesn't get worse. I have plans for this coming week. =(

Wish me well?
Until next time my lovely humans.

-Chrissymon

No comments:

Post a Comment