Wednesday 2 July 2014

Date Night, Hangout with the Boys, Festivals, and CANADA DAY!

Hello humans!
Seeing as not many people are too interested in my travels, and I have had quite the eventful week/weekend, I shall post a long post about it here first. I will continue the rest of my travels soon, I have just been a little too busy.

Warning: This post will contain a lot of photos, therefore will be quite long.

Firstly, I went on a well-deserved date night with my man on Wednesday night. We had dinner at Johnny Rockets, and watched 22 Jump Street in the 19+ VIP section at the theatre at Yonge and Dundas. We had a most wonderful experience.

A small jukebox music selector at our booth :3
The décor was really retro, and it's just really cute and nice to eat at. 
I ended up really, really liking this straw expenser/holder.  No idea why though...
Lucas got the largest burger they had, with chicken noodle soup. 
I had the burger with mushrooms and customized it with veggies, with a side salad. 
The picture is dark, but I assure you that the seats were amazing. 
We ordered a peach bellini, berry lemonade, and pulled pork poutine. We can drink alcohol and eat good food while watching the movies. It was pretty amazing. 

 On Thursday night, I hung out with the boys. We went to Hey Meatball on Queen. Their meatballs are to die for, and the sauces are drool-worthy.

Rigatoni. The sauce. The balls. OMG. 
A side of asparagus. The sauce on this was sweet. I thought it would be balsamic vinegar, but I think they made a twist on Hoisin sauce. 
Mashed Potatoes with Chicken balls and Mushroom gravy. This doesn't look the prettiest, but OH MAN, is it delicious. 

So on to the festivals! Summer has hit Toronto, and that means festival time! I got onto the K-Team (Kijiji Team), so we are at multiple festivals and events promoting. The following are interesting and yummy photos from them. ;)

First stop, Taste of Asia:
Smelly Tofu stand with Penis shaped hot dog snacks...The most disturbing and stinky food stand I have ever witnessed. Guys, I am Chinese, but I cannot stand this smell. Don't ask me if I ended up having the tofu. The answer is no.
Nothing like reliving my childhood with a Vanilla cone with Sprinkles on a hot day. Especially at festivals! 
My family made me a most delicious noodle dish when I came home from an 18 hour shift. I was too exhausted to eat, but this made me super happy. Needless to say, I devoured it all.
They actually made me a Swallow's Nest Dessert as well! These things are really, really expensive, so I was more than ecstatic to try this for the first time. It was pretty good ;3

Next even was the North Scarborough Ribfest:
Had a pulled pork sandwich! This was a lot of meat, too bad it wasn't as hot as I would like it to be. Other than that, it was a pretty good meal. 

Last, but definitely not least, Canada Day at Harbourfront:
Hugging a HUGE vase with the CN tower on it. If you know Toronto, you will see a bit of the CN Tower on the right side of the photo as well. ^-^
Ended my Canada day with a beautiful sunset with the CN Tower. 
Skittles booth was giving away free packets of skittles. Needless to say, my Asian side told me to horde that! Ignore that one bit of hair......I was too happy about my stash to fix my looks ;)
That's all for my week/weekend! I spent most of it putting smiles on peoples' faces, and having a lot of food and a lot of fun. I hope it hasn't been too much for everyone. I also hope everyone had a most wonderful week/weekend and for all my Canadians, I hope you enjoyed your Canada Day. I shall leave you all with a selfie of me, because I have no shame ;) Also, next time you see the Kijiji truck, or our booth, drop by and grab a picture with me! I'm quite friendly!


Until next time my derps!

-Chrissymon

No comments:

Post a Comment