Monday 24 March 2014

Super Asian Hangout :)

Hello everyone!

So this past weekend I had a hangout session with a few girlies. We hung around the Yonge and Finch Korea Town. First off, we went to Cafe Princess, which is a place to just sit and hang out while having a beverage of your choice and you can even order little sweets :) I didn't take pictures of our food and drinks here because we were too immersed in our conversations. However, I was able to find pictures similar to what was ordered, so forgive me?

Honey Citron Green Tea with Lychee (Iced)
Princess Waffle. You get a choice of two different flavoured ice creams and fruit.
I got Green tea and Strawberry :)
After our little dessert fill chat, we decided to go grab some dinner. We decided to try out a new place called "Oh Geul Bo Geul" It is said to be very popular. It was VERY busy indeed. So busy that the servers ushered us downstairs into the basement. What we found there was an amazing shock. The basement which looked like someone's work space, had fold tables and chairs, and people were eating there. The ceilings were so low that we could touch it with a chopstick sitting down. (we are relatively average Chinese girls, so we are kind of short)

As you can see, there is a broken disco ball, a really old TV set, a broke fan, and a bunch of random stuff in the corner of our table.........
I always try to make the best of the situation. Look at that derp face :)
 Needless to say, we had an experience of a life time. I have one thing to say though, they should really put a ventilation system down there if they want this to be a thing. Another group of young diners sat beside us later on, and they ordered table top grilling. Not only did it make all my clothes smell like bbq, the amount of smoke accumulated in the basement was no joke.

After our interesting dinner, we wanted dessert. (You can't end the night without dessert!) Right beside this restaurant was a Hong Kong style dessert shop. We were excited to have some sweet soup or bubble tea and call it a night.

Mango Coconut Milk Sago drink. Super tiny tapioca beads were in here. <3
Original Black tea. A classic :)
Mango Juice. It may look like orange juice, but it's actually mango. And it is super sweet and delicious ;)
Strawberry-Banana drink. I think it has aloe in it as well ^^
Durian pancake. It had durian and cream inside. 
Deep fried chicken wings. These were super delicious!
Mango Mochi. Mango puree was added to the dough and there was a piece of mango in the center. Carefully sprinkled with coconut flakes. Mmmmmm....
All in all, we had a wonderful night. I have come to the idea to do my blogs on my trip in reverse order. So a blog about my Korea stay, then Macau, Hong Kong, Beijing, and finally Shanghai. This will hopefully give me enough time to edit my videos and get pictures and footage from my beloved friends. Another thing is, my main computer that I used to edit broke. It is currently being fixed. That has delayed me quite a bit. I am really sorry =(

Stay beautiful ;)
-Chrissymon

No comments:

Post a Comment